Riverside Wrongful Termination Lawyers
Murrieta Discrimination and Harassment Attorneys
At Gibbs & Fuerst, LLP, our trial lawyers represent both employees and employers in a wide range of employment law issues and grievances in court, administrative hearings, in front of the Department of Labor, the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).
We represent both employers and employees in virtually every type of employment related claim:
- Workplace discrimination: Racial, gender, age, religion, pregnancy, disability, sex, national origin, disability, creed or religion, or sexual orientation
- Sexual harassment: Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that affects a person's employment, unreasonably interferes with their work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment
- Wage and hour disputes: Violations of regulations regarding overtime, classification as exempt, lunch and meal breaks, payroll deductions
- Wrongful discharge: Retaliation for filing a workers' compensation claim or another termination of employment that violates government policy
- Whistleblower claims: Qui Tam and wrongful termination claims
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) violations, including failure to provide reasonable accommodations
- Administrative review board hearings: representing administrators, realtors, attorneys, educators, medical professionals, and others in licensing and administrative discipline hearings
- Severance agreements: draft, review, negotiate
Employer Counsel and Advice
At Gibbs & Fuerst we also strive to minimize our employer clients' exposure to workplace risk by providing up to date advice on employment law and holding on site seminars on current trends. We review and draft employee handbooks, employment contracts, severance agreements, non compete clauses and provide management training. When an employment dispute does arise, our lawyers provide unmatched representation in negotiations, trials, and appeals, and in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as mediation and arbitration.
At Gibbs & Fuerst, we are proud of our reputation in representing our employment clients and for delivering high quality legal services. We have over seventy-five years in combined trial experience in both federal and state court which enables us to bring unique strengths, skills and knowledge to bear for the benefit of all our clients. We will manage your employment and labor issues timely, efficiently and with the best possible outcome to you.
If you would like to speak with a member of the firm about resolution of a labor or employment law dispute, or another legal matter, or if you have any other question about our practice, please contact us today.