Murrieta Personal Injury Lawyers
When accidents happen, our personal injury attorneys help you get the compensation you need to recover.
Accidents happen when you least expect them. In the blink of an eye, the reckless actions of others can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. At Gibbs & Fuerst, LLP., we provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need in this situation. With over 75 years of combined experience, our Murrieta personal injury attorneys hold those at fault accountable for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you suffer.
Cases Our Murrieta and Temecula Personal Injury Attorneys Represent
Personal injuries are one of the leading causes of death and disability in the United States. When they impact you or a loved one, Gibbs & Fuerst, LLP. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a personal injury claim. Common types of cases our Murrieta and Temecula personal injury attorneys represent include:
- Car accidents: The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that more than 500 motor vehicle accidents in Temecula happen each year. The dangerous driving behaviors of others are often to blame.
- Truck accidents: When truck accidents in Murrieta happen, drivers and the companies they work for can be held accountable in a claim.
- Motorcycle accidents: The reckless actions of others on the road result in nearly 50 motorcycle accidents in Temecula annually.
- Bus accidents: When personal injuries occur while riding the bus, drivers and bus companies can be held responsible.
- Boating and other watercraft accidents: Speeding and being under the influence are a common cause of boat, jet ski, and other watercraft accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian accidents caused by the reckless behaviors of drivers can happen in parking lots, crosswalks, and intersections.
- Bicycle accidents: With little to protect them in collisions involving other motorists, personal injuries suffered in bicycle accidents have the tendency to be severe.
- Wrongful death claims: When any of the above results in fatal injuries, we help surviving family members get justice through a wrongful death claim.
Get the Compensation You Deserve
When an accident happens, you may be entitled to an insurance settlement. At Gibbs & Fuerst, LLP., we aggressively negotiate on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve. If insurance is not in place or your injuries are severe, our Murrieta and Temecula personal injury attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury claim. Compensation available under the California Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future losses you incur.
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Even a relatively minor car accident can put a major dent in your finances. Besides the vehicle repairs and the cost of a rental car while your car is in the repair shop, there are the medical bills; we have all heard the horror stories about how a single visit to the emergency room can make the difference between making ends meet and financial ruin. Murrieta personal injury lawyers help people who have been injured in car accidents and other kinds of accidents get the money they need to cover their accident-related financial losses. The Riverside County personal injury lawyers at Gibbs & Fuerst LLP can help you figure out the best next steps to take if you are experiencing financial hardship after getting injured in a preventable accident.
How Much Money Can I Get for My Injury?
The amount of money you can receive in a personal injury lawsuit depends on how severe your injuries are and the percentage of fault, if any, that you bear for causing the accident. In a car accident lawsuit, plaintiffs typically seek economic damages in an amount equal to the financial losses they suffered because of the accident. These damages include medical bills, vehicle repairs, and lost income for the time that their injuries prevented them from working. If your injuries are permanent or very severe, you can also seek noneconomic damages for the ways that the accident adversely affected your quality of life. If your injuries are minor enough that the medical bills are low enough to be covered by insurance, a Murrieta car accident lawyer can negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that they pay you enough to cover your medical bills. If the accident was partially your fault, you can still file a lawsuit, but the amount of money the court will award you is less.
How Long Does a PI Case Take?
If your personal injury case is complex enough to go to court, it usually takes a year or more to finish the case and get the money you requested. The time between filing the lawsuit and presenting your case at trial is called the discovery phase, and this can last anywhere from several months to over a year. During discovery, your lawyer requests and reviews documents to be used as evidence and takes depositions (question and answer sessions recorded under oath) of eyewitnesses to the accident and experts with knowledge relevant to the case.
Request a Consultation with Our Murrieta and Temecula Personal Injury Attorneys Today
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover after an accident. Get our team at Gibbs & Fuerst, LLP. on your side. To request a consultation, contact our Murrieta personal injury attorneys today.