Temecula Truck Accident Lawyers
There are many different types of trucks involved in accidents, but all crashes have some common causes.
Trucks are an important part of the economy. They keep our communities running and deliver the goods that everyone needs. Unfortunately, as trucks make their way through Temecula, they sometimes cause accidents. Crashes involving trucks are far too common in the city, and when they happen, it is important to identify the cause of the crash so that victims can file a claim for compensation. It is also important that victims speak to a Temecula truck accident lawyer for help filing their claims.
Common Types of Trucks That Get into Accidents
When many people hear of truck accidents, they often only think of transport trucks. However, there are many different types of trucks involved in crashes including:
- Garbage trucks
- Dump trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Tow trucks
All of these trucks are much larger and much heavier than the average passenger vehicles that share the road with them. For this reason, it is always the people in the smaller vehicles who sustain the worst injuries in a crash.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are always the result of negligence. Many people think that only truck drivers are negligent when they are involved in a crash, but that is not true. Other parties can also cause accidents when they are negligent. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Poor weather conditions: Although California does not usually see ice and snow, hail storms and high winds are quite common in Temecula. All drivers are expected to know how to drive safely in poor weather conditions and if they cannot, to pull over to a safe place.
- Poor road conditions: All levels of government are expected to keep the roads in a safe condition. When they fail to and poor road conditions cause a crash, individuals can hold the appropriate entity liable for the crash.
- Inexperienced drivers: Truckers are expected to have the skills and experience to safely operate a truck. When trucking companies take shortcuts and do not ensure they are hiring experienced drivers, accident victims can hold them liable for the crash.
- Fatigued drivers: Truck drivers do not always abide by the federal hours of service law. Even when they do, they can become very tired from long hours on the road.
- Unfamiliarity with roads: Truckers often have to drive in communities that are unfamiliar to them. This can cause them to become distracted by GPS, and they also may not see one-way signs.
- Improperly loaded cargo: Cargo companies are responsible for ensuring that the cargo on a truck is loaded properly. When it is not, the cargo can shift during transport and throw the entire truck off balance, causing it to roll over.
- Defective equipment: Defective brakes, tires, and other parts of the truck can easily cause a crash, for which manufacturers can be held liable.
- Driver negligence: Of course, sometimes truck drivers are negligent and cause a crash. Aggressive driving, speeding, and impaired driving are just a few types of driver negligence that can cause a crash.
A truck accident lawyer can determine the cause of a crash so accident victims know whom to hold liable for it.
Our California Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
If you have been the victim of a crash, call our Temecula truck accident lawyers at Gibbs & Fuerst, LLP. We will conduct a full investigation to determine who was at fault for your crash and hold them liable for paying the compensation you deserve. After a crash, call us at (951) 397-0928 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.