Michael T. Gibbs is the Managing Partner of Gibbs & Fuerst, LLP. He is experienced in virtually every aspect of personal injury, business and commercial litigation. He has handled more than 50 jury trials in state and federal courts throughout Southern California, including the counties of Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Imperial, Orange and Los Angeles. Mr. Gibbs is a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. Gibbs has practiced law in Southern California since 1977 when he began his career at the major law firm of Gray, Cary, Ames and Frye in San Diego where he practiced in the litigation section. In 1983, Mr. Gibbs joined the firm which became known as Miller and Gibbs, where his practice continued to emphasize litigation, including construction, personal injury, and professional liability.
From 1987-1999, Mr. Gibbs was a partner with the firm of Gibbs and Eppsteiner, specializing in civil litigation with offices in San Diego and Temecula.
In 1999, Mr. Gibbs and Russell Fuerst formed the firm of Gibbs and Fuerst, LLP. The firm moved its main office from Temecula to Murrieta in 2008 and continues to maintain its office in San Diego.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Real Property Litigation
- California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1990
University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Juris Doctorate - May, 1977
University of Mississippi
- Bachelor of Business Administration - May, 1974
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- San Diego Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors, 1992 - 1994
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Board of Directors, 1998 - 2001